Ofsted and CQC inspectors are re-visiting Wokingham between 11 and 13 May to find out how much progress the local area has made with addressing the significant weaknesses that were identified at the last inspection in March 2019. The 6 areas identified were as follows:
- the lack of a clearly communicated co-produced strategy and accompanying action plans that are shared and understood across education, health and care in the local area and sharply focused on improving the outcomes of children and young people with SEND
- the timeliness and quality of EHC plans
- the lack of co-production at a strategic level to inform effective co-production at all levels
- the quality of management information to inform accurate evaluation and energise service improvement across the local area
- the lack of well-coordinated and effectively joined-up work across education, health and social care.
- the underdeveloped pathway to enable young people with SEND to make a successful transition to adulthood.
During the re-visit, Ofsted and CQC inspectors will be keen to hear from as many children and young people and their parents and carers as possible, specifically about the weaknesses identified in the WSOA.
How can you contribute your views during this local area re-visit?
Parents and carers can take part in this Ofsted/CQC survey: Wokingham re-visit survey
The survey will run from Friday 30 April 2021 and close at 12 noon on Friday 7 May 2021
The inspectors have confirmed that "we will be reading every answer (in the surveys) so all their views will contribute to the big picture". If you have more than 1 child with SEND you can share your experiences for all children on the same survey by adding information in the free text boxes.
If you would like more information please contact us at email@example.com
Information about the result of original Ofsted/CQC Inspection in March 2019 can be read here: The Ofsted Inspection Report March 2019The resulting Written Statement of Action from WBC to address the 6 areas of weakness is here: Wokingham WSoA .