We are pleased that the review and update on SEND Home to School Transport has now been completed and all the relevant information has been updated on the WBC website. This includes the Assessment & SEND Transport Process, Eligibility Criteria and Application Forms, which can be found here: WBC SEND Transport (in Apply for SEN school travel assistance section).
The key information from the update is as follows:
• Following the review of SEND transport all transport does need to be assessed but there is no need for families to complete a new transport form each year.
• The current climate means Wokingham Borough Council cannot guarantee the same taxi drivers and support staff each year and changes should be expected, especially during the COVID pandemic.
• Sole transport is not something that will be automatically assigned.
• Transport timings are based on the operation of the transport route not around wider family commitments
• The complaints from families and drivers will be tracked and any serious issues will be taken to the transport panel if changes are required or requested.
• Drivers and transport crew are expected to uphold an appropriate standard of respect and professionalism in the delivery of transport service, as are equally the families and young people who use our transport services.
• Schools will be asked for reports on transport.
• Transport is provided for the school hours only, unless the EHCP requires additional educational support outside normal school hours.
• Annual Reviews will have information related to transport and information on this will be sent to schools linked to the annual review paperwork to assist with transport and communication
Full information about the SEND Transport process can be found in the "Assessments for home to school transport" section in the link above.
Update Session for Parents - 6th April @ 8pm
We are hosting a Zoom session with Dan Robinson (WBC SEND Team) for parents to find out more about these updates on:
Date: Wednesday 6th April
Time: 8.00 - 9.00pm
To book a place please email: firstname.lastname@example.org